The mapl.de.map started (oddly) on the two year anniversary of BMT (exactly, January 31 2013). We named it mapl.de.map because at that point we had seen all of the Black Eyed Peas in a BMT movie (Fergie in Poseidon, will.i.am in Wolverine Origins, and Taboo in Street Fighter Legend of Chun Li), except for apl.de.ap. We dreamed of the day apl.de.ap would make his solo film debut, and we’d complete the map. But until then we thought we’d cover the other 52 states of these great United States of America plus the District of Columbia (we have, of course, secretly annexed Nicholas Cage’s Castle Island and Chris Klein’s principality LudaChris Kleinsville). After nearly three years we completed this endeavor. Below is the completed map and a list of state/film combinations. Enjoy.
- Alabama – Sweet Home Alabama
- Alaska – Out Cold
- Aple.de.ap – Be Cool
- Arizona – American Anthem
- Arkansas – Devil’s Knot
- Cage’s Castle Island – Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
- California – Valentine’s Day
- Colorado – Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
- Connecticut – The Haunting in Connecticut
- Delaware – Survival of the Dead
- District of Columbia – Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
- Florida – From Justin to Kelly
- Georgia – Sabotage
- Hawaii – Just Go With It
- Idaho – Georgia Rule
- Illinois – The Lake House
- Indiana – Hard Rain
- Iowa – A Thousand Acres
- Kansas – Critters 2: The Main Course
- Kentucky – Fire Down Below
- Louisiana – Failure to Launch
- LudaChris Kleinsville – Say It Isn’t So
- Maine – Welcome to Mooseport
- Maryland – The Pacifier
- Massachusetts – The Haunting
- Michigan – Alex Cross
- Minnesota – Stuart Saves His Family
- Mississippi – Stone Cold
- Missouri – American Outlaws
- Montana – Chill Factor
- Nebraska – Mr. Woodcock
- Nevada – Paul Blart Mall Cop 2
- New Hampshire – What Goes Up
- New Jersey – Nothing But Trouble
- New Mexico – The Host
- New York – New York Minute
- North Carolina – Safe Haven
- North Dakota – Leprechaun
- Ohio – I Am Number Four
- Oklahoma – Into the Storm
- Oregon – Furry Vengeance
- Pennsylvania – Lady in the Water
- Rhode Island – Evening
- South Carolina – The Marine
- South Dakota – Wild Bill
- Tennessee – An American Haunting
- Texas – Bats
- Utah – September Dawn
- Vermont – A Change of Seasons
- Virginia – Playing for Keeps
- Washington – Firewall
- West Virginia – Silent Hill Revelation
- Wisconsin – The Prince & Me
- Wyoming – Did You Hear About the Morgans?
We eventually settled for a final apl.de.ap movie of Be Cool (featuring all of the Black Eyed Peas in a ridiculous concert performance) and completed the map on October 8, 2015. It was one of the greatest days of our lives.
Mapstreet’s Map Alright!
After literally years of toiling away at our many challenges that spice up our BMT lives we thought to ourselves: is this fruitless? We aren’t even half-way through the Calendar. We can’t ever finish the Periodic Table. What is the point? And so we packed it all in and, that’s right, created the next big challenge for BMT! Get your passports updated and buy a rail pass, the Sklogs are backpacking across Europe!
It … is beautiful. For now you’ll have to pull out your atlas to figure out the missing countries, but here is what we have filled in so far in the history of BMT:
- (2) Austria – Extreme Ops
- (4) Bulgaria – Getaway (Expendables 3)
- (5) Bosnia and Herzegovina – Behind Enemy Lines
- (9) Germany – Unfinished Business (Hitman: Agent 47; Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters)
- (11) Spain – Assassin’s Creed (The Gunman)
- (14) France – Timeline (The Three Musketeers; Under the Cherry Moon; The 15:17 to Paris; The Musketeer)
- (15) United Kingdom – The Avengers (1998) (England: Spice World; Basic Instinct 2; Seeker: The Dark is Rising; The Mummy; Seventh Son; Mortdecai; Diana; London Has Fallen; Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties; Black Knight; Scotland: Made of Honor)
- (16) Greece – Meet the Spartans (The Legend of Hercules; Captain Corelli’s Mandolin)
- (18) Hungary – I Spy
- (19) Ireland – The Medallion
- (27) Monaco – Monte Carlo
- (32) The Netherlands – Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
- (33) Norway – The Snowman
- (36) Romania – Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (The Nun)
- (37) Russia – The Darkest Hour (A Good Day to Die Hard, Hitman)
- (43) Ukraine – Chernobyl Diaries
- (45) Chateaux de Depardieu – Babylon A.D.
A few ground rules for the new map. (1) The film needs to have a significant portion of the film take place in the country; (2) Films with higher BMeTrics replace those with lower BMeTrics once watched. For example, when we watched Meet the Spartans it took the place of The Legend of Hercules for Greece; (3) Only one country / state per movie. For example, The Prince & Me takes place in both Wisconsin and Denmark, but Wisconsin wins because more of the movie takes place there; (4) It has to be visually provable. Wikipedia isn’t actual confirmation, verifiable proof is required.
That’s a lot of ground rules, just the way I like it. This will also never end. Even large countries like Sweden, Finland, and Denmark basically don’t have any major poorly received released set there as far as we can tell. But the Bad Movie Twins love to travel, what can we say. Let the challenge begin!
I Want it Map Way!
A few years ago the Sklogs backpacked across Europe! They lived, they learned, they fell in love in Paris. It was truly a soul expanding experience. Now? It’s time for a roadtrip! And what better way to travel that on a motorcycle built for one?! Tagging along with Che, it is the Sklog-orcycle Diaries!!!!!
We did it again! Somewhat sparse, but there are definitely available options. Here is what we have filled in so far in the history of BMT:
- (2) Brazil – Anaconda (Medicine Man)
- (13) BMT Antarctic Outpost – Alien vs. Predator (Whiteout)
Same ground rules as above. Let the challenge continue!!
As Long as You Map Me!
The legend continues! And this time we are going all the way. The full around the world trip. To start, we needed a bit of R&R at home, so I generated our North American map. Arrrrrr, me maties! It’s time to pillage some lovely isles for that thar booty! It’s Pirate of the Sklog-ribbean!!!!!!!!!!!!
As we have become accustomed to it is a bit sparse, but there are going to be some lovely options in the Caribbean I think. Here is what we have filled in so far in the history of BMT:
- (3) The Bahamas – I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
- (8) The Love Guru – Canada
- (9) Costa Rica – Runner Runner
- (10) Cuba – Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights
- (19) Jamaica – Cocktail
- (22) Saint Martin – Speed 2: Cruise Control
- (23) Mexico – Rambo: Last Blood
- (27) Puerto Rico – Replicas
- (31) The United States of America – Battlefield Earth
- (35) United States Virgin Islands – Weekend at Bernie’s II
Let the challenge continue!!
Quit Skloging Games!!
After a bit of R&R, it was time for an exotic holiday. Little did I know my bestest friend totally had a blood feud going on back home in Okinawa. That’s right, my life is straight up Karate Sklog, Part II!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is actually a bit more filled up that I expected. A few big ones to come though. Here is what we have filled in so far in the history of BMT:
- (0) Afghanistan – Rambo III
- (8) China – Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life
- (12) Hong Kong – Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li (Knock Off)
- (13) Indonesia – Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid
- (19) Japan – The Forest
- (20) Kazakhstan – Rollerball
- (29) Myanmar – Rambo (2008)
- (36) North Korea – Stealth
- (39) Singapore – Hitman: Agent 47
- (41) Thailand – Bangkok Dangerous
- (45) Turkey – Hitman
- (48) Vietnam – Rambo: First Blood Part II
Let the challenge continue!!
It’s Gonna Be Sklog!
Boy howdy, after all this travelling I feel like a fish out of water. Time to head back home to my Outback home to wrassle some crocodiles like my father and father’s father did before me! That’s right, I’m a Sklog-odile Dundee!!!!!!!!!
Woof, quite sparse. And I doubt it gets much better anytime soon:
- (2) Australia – Kangaroo Jack (Crocodile Dundee II)
- (18) Papua New Guinea – Sanctum
- (26) The Creepy Sexy Lagoon – Return to the Blue Lagoon
I think that only leaves one more to create.
Believe in Sklogself!
Finally, after traversing the world it is time to really get our adventure on! We are off on a safari, to see some aminals, take some names, and … fall in love? That’s right, I Skloged of Africa!!!!!!!!!
We are used to how sparse these things are, but the good thing is we have a few Africa-based films on the horizon. But they should really get on setting more bad films in some of these countries. Think of the vistas!!!
- (1) Burundi – Primeval
- (8) Democratic Republic of Congo – The Gunman
- (14) Egypt – Gods of Egypt
- (23) Kenya – I Dreamed of Africa
- (27) Morocco – Ishtar
- (46) Chad – In the Army Now
And we are done. Who would have thought three years ago that we would create an entire bad movie map!! Also … who would have thought it would have taken me three years to do it.