Oh boy. So here’s what happened, I was hanging with my foul-mouthed granny Madea (you know how she is, all foul-mouthed and hilarious), when up popped a scary clown who said Boo! (A Madea Halloween). Well I stumbled back, bopped my head, and now I can’t remember a thing! Can you remember what happened in Boo! A Madea Halloween?
Pop Quiz Hot Shot!
1) We open with Madea handing out Halloween candy outside her home in (presumably) Atlanta with Aunt Bam, when Joe and Hattie arrive. What are they dressed as?
2) Asked to come out and watch her, Tiffany needs to get Madea and these other old people out of her house stat! How does she go about convincing the babysitters to go to bed?
3) Tiffany ends up just sneaking out the back to go to a nearby frat party, and is then followed by Madea and her crew. Madea, Hattie, and Aunt Bam are then thrown out of the party. Why?
4) Madea, as revenge on the frat brothers, calls the police to get the party shut down (noice). But the tables are turned and the frat brothers start to prank the old people right back! There were four distinct pranks they pulled on the old people. Name them.
5) Finally, Brian comes home and decides to teach these tricky frat brothers a lesson they’ll never forget: he makes them think they are all going to prison. For what crime?
1) They are dressed as a jack-in-the-box and a creepy clown. When Hattie pops out of the box though, Madea punches her right in the face (natch).
2) She tells Madea, Joe, Bam, and Hattie a ghost story, about a man who killed his entire family in that very house. And guess what? The only safe place is in your room! So we best be going to bed. Unfortunately Madea is not scared of ghosts … yet.
3) After Hattie loses control and starts dancing to the sinful fraternity music, Madea unplugs the whole speaker system. Obviously, the frat would be displeased with this, and they get thrown out into some bushes.
4) I might be misremembering (like, I think they did the same light trick as Tiffany, but I’m not going to count it) but the four I remember are (1) they made a television look like it does in The Ring with hands trying to reach out of the screen to scare Hattie, (2) they (somehow) make a sinister message write itself on the mirror in the bathroom to scare Bam, (3) they have a creepy clown wander around the house spooking Joe and Madea, and (4) they ultimately chase Madea, Hattie, and Bam into a church dressed as zombies.
5) MURDER. They have Tiffany’s friend Aday pretend to have been killed in the basement during the party the night before, and fake-arrest all of the frat brothers (and Tiffany). … hilarious.
Ah right, it turns out all those supernatural things were just frat guys in costumes. Go figure. And I think we all learned a valuable message here: if your 17-year-old daughter goes to a frat party on Halloween, you should scare those boys straight by pretending they are going to go to prison for the rest of their lives for murder. Oh Madea, you are just so wise!