I spy with my little eye … a laughless comedy featuring Eddie Murphy. Oh, and a quiz … because it’s Pop Quiz Hot Shot!
Pop Quiz Hot Shot!
- In the cold open (emphasis on the “cold” ayyyyyooo) BNS Agent Alex Scott (Owen Wilson) is in charge of recovering a defected US pilot being held in a secret military prison in which country?
- Meanwhile in Las Vegas Kelly Robinson (Eddie Murphy) is in the process of very quickly knocking out his most recent Middleweight opponent. Obviously very proud of his very impressive undefeated record, how many wins has he recorded after his victory?
- The aforementioned pilot had sold a super-secret military aircraft called the Switchblade to our eeeeeeevil villain Arnold Gundars (Malcolm McDowell). But what does Kelly Robinson call it? Also why is it called the Switchblade?
- While teaching Alex Scott to seduce Special Agent Rachel Wright (Famke Janssen) Kelly Robinson … well, he literally just has Alex sing a song to her (in a kind of Owen Wilson-y talk-sing way). What song?
- Ultimately in a very messy standoff on top of the Chain Bridge the winner of Gundars secret auction of the Switchblade has a very eeeeeeeeeeevil plan for the plane. What is the plan?
Y’all ever just feel like you deserve better than being a sweet southern belle? Well pack up your things, because you and your three besties are off to Paris! And what wild adventures you’ll have, hope you paid attention because it’s Pop Quiz Hot Shot!
Pop Quiz Hot Shot!
- We are treated to three delightfully different young ladies having a graaaaaand adventure in Europe, Grace (Selena Gomez), Emma (Katie Cassidy), and Meg (Leighton Meester). How do they all know each other?
- Meg bumps into Riley three times during the course of the film before scootering off to swiftly fall in love. What three places did they meet?
- Grace pulls an Ocean’s Twelve and happens to be a perfect double of the rich British socialite Cordelia. After playing polo terribly in Cordelia’s place what does Grace teach her royal escort Theo that makes him fall in love with her?
- Emma’s beau Owen chases her to Europe after realizing he BLEW IT by trying to stop her from going to Paris. After arriving in an Emma-less Paris, how does Owen find out the girls are in Monaco?
- A little essay question … so what is Riley the dashing australian backpacker’s backstory? Why is he bumming around Europe slaying ladies and taking names?
Last week we did some Xtreme sports, and this week a quiz about Xtreme tourism. Well, grab your Geiger counter, it’s quiz time.
Pop Quiz Hot Shot!
- On their extreme tourism adventure into the heart of Chernobyl country Uri takes our heroes on a tour of Pripyat. Where were they supposed to go instead and why?
- How many people went on this 4-hour-turned-4-ever tour with Uri in the Zombie Apocalypse on Gilligan’s Island very special television event (better twist than we actually got, imagine if at the end it turned out to be some Eastern European reality show)?
- When exploring an apartment building Uri sees three things that freak him out and cause him to rush everyone back to the van. One point each for identifying what concerned Uri about the town and building in particular that made him cut the tour short?
- After getting trapped in the town the group decided to be a bunch of dummies like the dummies that they are and stay around overnight like dummies. How far does Uri say the checkpoint is when they discover the van has been sabotaged?
- Ultimately after discovering a large band of mutants roaming the abandoned town the last two survivors, Paul and Amanda, are forced through a series of steam tunnels and into the abandoned reactor itself. Who are the “monsters” of the film, and what is the deal with the town itself? And I’m not just asking because the movie is very confusing … but also my answer might be wrong.
Spooky scary indeed. My bro doesn’t scare easy though and got them all right, how about you?
Are you ready to get Xtreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme!? Ba-da-bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaah (those are guitar noises). The most Xtreme quiz you’ll ever take, how Xtreme are you?
Pop Quiz Hot Shot!
- The commercial our heroes are putting together appears to be comprised of very little content and costs a whole buttload of money. During the film we get to see all three segments of this Xtreme Xtravaganza, what three sports are featured in the commercial?
- Not counting our fearless and very French helicopter pilot how many people are on location in Austria to film?
- Creating an impromptu hot tub using heated rocks the gang decides to do some serious bro-time brooooo. Just broing out with the bros yo. What game do they play in the hot tub?
- The main feature of the film is an exciting race against an avalanche featuring a Gold medalist downhill skier (what is the budget of this goddamned commercial?!). How many seconds do they have to do the run in in order to guarantee they beat the clock and smash that gnarly powder duuuuude?
- The crux of the very not-chill war crimes portion of the film involves a Serbian soldier faking his own death and hiding in the Austrian pistes with our intrepid heroes. Ultimately what was the actual eeeeevil plan the villains feared our Xtreme athletes would foil?
Now those are some Xtreme questions. I know my bro go all of them right, what about you?
After smashing the Deuce Bigalow quiz for the first movie you must have thought you were pretty hot shit eeeeeh? Not so fast, turns out that was only 50% of your grade for the semester, because Pop Quiz Hotshot!
Pop Quiz Hot Shot!
- When Deuce meets TJ in Amsterdam they go to a coffee shop where Deuce insists he has never and will never do drugs. TJ decides to commit a serious felony by secretly feeding him drugs via a baked good. What was the name of this baked good that Deuce appears to eat five or six servings of?
- Eva is the new love interest for Deuce in the sequel because … well probably because the actress who played Kate, Deuce’s wife from the first film, wisely said no thanks to the role. How did they say Kate tragically died?
- Eva’s condition that can only be cured by the kindness of Deuce Bigalow is that she has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. The offensive characterization of this disease in this film is just that she does weird things in very specific situations. What does Eva do when someone sneezes?
- When Deuce goes out with the ladies he ultimately helps them realize their inner beauty in one way or another. In this installment we see him go out with a hunchback, a very large lady who dresses him up as a baby, a girl covered in dirt, a girl with large ears, and a girl … *gulp* who literally has a penis for a nose. What does he do to help these ladies. One point each.
- In one of the more obvious twists in cinematic history it is revealed that Eva’s uncle Gaspar Voorsboch is the gigolo killer and is planning on killing all of the gigolos in Amsterdam. What two reasons does he give for killing the gigolos?
Jamie probably slam dunked all over you guys. You might want to consider dropping out of the PhD program for Deuce-Bigology. Slink away with your Masters, slink away.
Have you ever thought to yourself: I probably am the foremost authority on Deuce Bigalow, I just wish there was a test to prove it! Well wish no more, because Pop Quiz Hotshot!
Pop Quiz Hotshot!
- Deuce Bigalow meets Antoine the male gigolo and charms him with his … knowledge of fish I guess? Anyways, Antoine entrusts Deuce with the care of his apartment as he goes on a three week business trip. Where did he go?
- It turns out Antoine should not have entrusted his very expensive place to a literal garbage person whose one character trait appears to be sexual assault, because Deuce immediately destroys the apartment. In addition to destroying the very expensive fish tank, he also nearly burns the place down. How does the fire start?
- Deuce Bigalow manages to be a very successful gigolo, without actually having to have sex (the romantic storyline with Kate would have been a bit odd otherwise). How many women, besides Kate, is he hired to entertain?
- When Deuce goes to the pet store to accost poor Allison, the clerk, what animal does he always order in order to, *gulp*, get her to dip her breasts into the tank so he can very obviously ogle them.
- When Deuce accidentally picks up a prostitute in a bar (before having a Matrix style fight with her) what two drinks does he order?
Jamie is sadly a foremost Deuce-Bigologist, how about you?
Here’s the quiz all you kids are clamoring for … The Snowman! Pop Quiz Hot Shot!
Pop Quiz Hot Shot!
- In the film J.K. Simmons (you know … the guy who was like … there doing things) is a businessman pushing for Oslo to obtain hosting rights to what event?
- Harry Hole’s ex-girlfriend Rakel is dating a very nice (almost overly nice … hmmmm) doctor named Mathias. What type of medicine does Mathias practice?
- Harry Hole is a cop that don’t play by no one’s rules, so naturally he goes rogue to investigate Katerine Bratt’s father’s suicide (murder? Da da da) in Bergen. Along the way he meets Mathias who is attending a conference, what was the subject matter of this conference?
- In the beginning of the film, when Harry Hole discovers the little girl hiding in her basement and decides to dunk all over Katerine’s sloppy investigative skills, what animal was the girl wearing the mask of?
- What detail connects all of the victims of The Snowman Killer, how does he choose the women his is going to kill? You could go into more detail about his M.O., but do you really want to?
I full expected Jamie to have gotten a 100% again, but alas he did not. Who could blame him though, this film was a mess.