Oh boy, this is embarrassing. So I was on my way to see the queen on an important matter, riding my ostrich (natch) when I slipped and bopped my head! Now I can’t remember a thing. Do you remember what happened in Dolittle?
Pop Quiz Hot Shot!
1) In the beginning of the film we are shown the tragic love story of Dr. Dolittle. How does Dr. Dolittle’s lady love tragically die?
2) We are also introduced to Tommy Stubbins who is bringing a hurt animal by. What animal and how was it injured?
3) In the end Dolittle must go and see the queen for a very important reason indeed. Why does he have to go see the queen?
4) Two of the animals that Dolittle has have peculiar quirks, specifically a polar bear and a gorilla. What are their quirks?
5) Finally (and yeah I’m basically skipping the entire third act here, sue me) Dolittle and friends set sail to go and steel back his late wife’s journal. Who has the journal?
1) She dies in a shipwreck while returning to the land of her birth where there is a magical Eden tree (we’ll get to that in a second).
2) The injured animal is a squirrel which Tommy accidentally shot while intentionally missing a bird while hunting. You see, Tommy’s father is an asshole who wants his son to kill animals (and his son very much does not want to do that). So now Tommy wants to help the squirrel get better.
3) The queen is dying! And normally Dolittle wouldn’t really care, but it turns out the deed to his house will expire when the queen does! So Dolittle must go and figure out a way to save her (and then he should probably renegotiate that contract, it’s hanging by a thread).
4) The polar bear (Yoshi) is always cold, most peculiar. The gorilla, Chee-Chee, is just a big scaredy cat. He’s scared of everything. But Dolittle is trying to help him out with that.
5) King Rassouli has it, the pirate king who resides in … uh, the land of the pirates? I genuinely can’t figure out if it had a name, I think it did, but I just can’t be bothered to check. He has it because, of course, he’s Dolittle’s father-in-law.
Ahhhhh, right, it turned out the queen had been poisoned and I needed to talk to the animals to find the fruit of the Eden tree (the only known cure, how very inconvenient). I knew it, it was just as that old crone foretold all those years ago!