and super spooky this time. And yeah, I might have got bopped in the head by a coffee cup and now I can’t remember a thing. Do you remember what happened in Poltergeist III?
Pop Quiz Hot Shot!
1) So … why is Carol Anne in Chicago again?
2) Oooooooooh … I guess that makes sense. Well what real spooooooooky things are happening there on the day of Skerritt’s skyscraper grand opening?
3) In this film, naturally, we learn Carol Anne is both a genius and considered so disturbed as to be under the care of a psychiatrist. What does he believe is happening with Carol Anne and the hauntings?
4) As a matter of fact, I think it is time. How many people total died during the entirety of the original Poltergeist trilogy?
5) How do they ultimately defeat Kane?
1) She’s in Chicago because her parents don’t love her! Wait, that can’t be right. Oh yeah, it is because they are trying to put their life back together so she is living with her aunt and uncle at a school for gifted (and disturbed) youths.
2) Well a big ol’ crack appeared near the elevator. Scary enough for you? No? Well, guess what else, it’s real cold inside the building too! Now, I know you are spookified. And sure like … cars are driving around by themselves and people are getting pulled into puddles and junk. But you know mostly people are annoyed by how cold it is.
3) He thinks it is mass hypnotism conducted by Carol Anne (for real). All the way to being convinced that a fellow psychiatrist was “convinced” to smash a mirror, and that he was convinced that a coffee cup spontaneously smashed it. It is a lunatic theory.
4) I believe the answer is one. The psychiatrist is for sure killed by the mirror version of Donna. But at the same time a mirror version of her boyfriend Scott shows up so … he’s not at the end of the movie. They don’t save him from The Other Side. So is he dead? Personally, I don’t think so. I think he’s just chilling (literally, he jumped out of a frozen pool!) downstairs and the mirror Scott is just a projection of Kane. This is what I believe.
5) Love (awwwwwwww). That is kind of right, I’m not joking. They go to The Other Side’s waiting room in Carol Anne’s mirrored bedroom where Trish must prove her love for Carol Anne and smash off Kane’s head. Ultimately Tangina comes back to protect the family and leads Kane into the light herself finally ending the horror (or does it? … it does, sadly the actress who played Carol Anne died and the franchise is done after that).
Bonus Answer: Oh man, the Cult of Carol Anne is back jack! Previously on, Poltergeist III (the new one): Robbie Freeling has joined forces with a distraught mother who has gotten her ill daughter ensnared by Kane (via the new cult leader Carol Anne). Unfortunately, long ago Tangina died under mysterious circumstances … but luckily her daughter lives and is imbued with a similar gift. But alas, she is not powerful enough to take on Carol Anne (and Kane) directly. But just maybe … just maybe, if they can commune with Tangina on the Other Side, they’ll be able to figure out Carol Anne’s weakness. Well, it turns out Carol Anne isn’t Carol Anne at all! Shortly after “defeating” Kane on The Other Side, Kane returned and pulled Carol Anne into a mirror universe, allowing Kane to return as a mirror duplicate of Carol Anne. Slowly, via the miracles, Kane has been replacing the townspeople with his flock, with the intention of eventually ruling the world (oh no!). During the big mega-church sermon, Robbie enters The Other Side, and faces off against his own mirror image. Can he defeat Kane once and for all. Well yeah! He defeats him all right, but once and for all? I guess we’ll see. Carol Anne and Robbie’s parents return from the mirror world. But there is still much to do, as the remnants of the mega-church remain a portal to The Other Side, and a risk for us all!
This one is called Poltergeist III: Part 2: The Mirror