Here’s the quiz all you kids are clamoring for … The Snowman! Pop Quiz Hot Shot!
Pop Quiz Hot Shot!
- In the film J.K. Simmons (you know … the guy who was like … there doing things) is a businessman pushing for Oslo to obtain hosting rights to what event?
- Harry Hole’s ex-girlfriend Rakel is dating a very nice (almost overly nice … hmmmm) doctor named Mathias. What type of medicine does Mathias practice?
- Harry Hole is a cop that don’t play by no one’s rules, so naturally he goes rogue to investigate Katerine Bratt’s father’s suicide (murder? Da da da) in Bergen. Along the way he meets Mathias who is attending a conference, what was the subject matter of this conference?
- In the beginning of the film, when Harry Hole discovers the little girl hiding in her basement and decides to dunk all over Katerine’s sloppy investigative skills, what animal was the girl wearing the mask of?
- What detail connects all of the victims of The Snowman Killer, how does he choose the women his is going to kill? You could go into more detail about his M.O., but do you really want to?
I full expected Jamie to have gotten a 100% again, but alas he did not. Who could blame him though, this film was a mess.
For all those Country Bear-heads out there, you know what time it is … Pop Quiz Hot Shot!
Pop Quiz Hot Shot!
- In one of the more dire sequences in the film, the band discovers that Ted Bedderhead is working as a wedding singer living in an apartment above who’s garage?
- When Ted Bedderhead declares that he won’t play in the concert a distraught Beary quotes: “The people who love you no matter what, that’s your family” causing him to run home as fast as his little bear legs can carry him. Who said this quote to Beary?
- In an opening sequence including the only example of wire-fu in The Country Bears, it is indicated that Fred Bedderhead, the band’s harmonica player, inventing what?
- At the beginning of the film we see Beary watching a recording of a musical documentary about The Country Bears in which they recount the band’s farewell tour amid musicians besmirching their good names for cameo money. What was the name of that tour?
- Not counting Beary Barrington (or Roadie, played by M. C. Gainey, the band’s human drummer) how many bears play in The Country Bears band? Straight up … think about the fact that I got this question wrong and how fundamental this fact is to the entire film I had literally just watched … think about it.
You just know Jamie got 100% (he is the number one Country Bears Fan in all of the world after all).
In this week’s installment of Pop Quiz Hot Shot! watch as I barely contain my utter contempt for this movie, series, and mostly its male protagonist (antagonist?) Christian Grey!
Pop Quiz Hot Shot!
- In the opening scene we have the pleasure of seeing a montage of Anastasia and Christian on their honeymoon. Where did they go? We see two cities, but the country will suffice.
- Christian, as a surprise, reveals he has bought a house of particular significance for Anastasia and he to share as husband and wife. Where does he say Anastasia has seen the house before?
- In Aspen Anastasia surprises Christian amidst a midnight snack. What food is Anastasia eating (eventually off of Christian himself, scandalous!) in this scene?
- Anastasia, overwhelmed with the decisions that need to be made running the household, dismisses Christian’s staff for the night and decides to cook dinner herself. What does she prepare?
- When Anastasia finds herself pregnant it simply ruins (ruins!) the plans Christian had for her (for them!). When stumbling back into the apartment drunk that evening he reveals the true fear he has at the prospect of becoming a father. What does this disgusting pile of garbage say is the reason he is afraid of having a child with Anastasia?
I don’t expect many people to have seen the movie yet, but let’s just say it was easy peasy to put together this quiz and I fully expect Jamie to get 100% [Editor’s Note: I did].